Make a difference
Volunteering has many benefits. It gives people self-confidence and satisfaction, social contact, the ability to use previously established skills or develop new ones, a chance to follow your passion and a possible start to paid employment.
Volunteering is flexible and will fit around your existing committments. The Peel Volunteer Resource Centre have volunteering opportunities that range from 5 minutes per day to 1 hour a week, 1 day per week or once a year – the opportunities are endless!
Please click here for a list of CURRENT VOLUNTEER VACANCIES in the Peel Area, using the 6210 postcode to search through vacancies. If no suitable positions are found, come in and see us – we often have additional volunteer vacancies that we are happy to tell you about!
If you would like to learn more, please contact us on 9581 1187.
Thinking of Volunteering?
- What do I want to get out of volunteer work?
- What type of voluntary work would I like to do?
- Can someone benefit from my experience?
- What time do I have available – weekdays or weekends? What about evenings?
- What interests/hobbies do I have that I would like to engage in more?
- Is there a career/industry that I can gain knowledge about through volunteering?
- The whole world is yours to explore and volunteering can help you figure out how to do so.
Steps to become a volunteer
- You can call our office on 9581 1187 and make an appointment to come into our office to view the file featuring all the volunteering opportunities in the Peel region.
- You can send an expression of interest in a particular job on govolunteer.com.au after which, we will contact you about an appointment or details via phone or e-mail.
- You will be required to fill out a referral form and send it back to us.
- The company you’re interested in volunteering with will be contacted and arrangements made for an interview.